Define and agree a policy for re-testing and regression testing; make an allowance for repeat-tests in estimates and plans.
Consequence if ignored or violated
Tests to confirm that defect fixes work correctly are not run. Tests to confirm that defect fixes do not cause unwanted side-effects are not run.
- Under what circumstances will failed tests be re-run?
- Under what circumstances will passed tests be re-run?
- What criteria will be applied for the retention of tests for reuse?
- Under what circumstances will retained tests be discarded or amended?
- For the purpose of planning, how will the following be estimated or defined:
- The proportion of tests that fail?
- The time required for defect fixing and re-testing?
- The proportion of tests to be used for regression purposes?