Establish the need and requirements for an environment and test data to be used for testing, including a mechanism for managing changes to that environment – in good time.
Consequence if ignored or violated
Environments are not available in time or are unsuitable for testing. This will delay testing or cause tests to be run in the wrong environment and undermine the credibility of evidence produced.
- Who is responsible for the acquisition, configuration and support of test environments?
- What assumptions regarding test environments do our test models make?
- How will requirements for test environments be articulated, negotiated?
- How will the validity and usability of test environments be assured?
- How will changes to environments be managed, consistent with changes in requirements and other deliverables under test?
- How will the state of environments, including backed up and restored versions be managed?