Acknowledge the testing uncertainty principle, and manage stakeholder expectations. Agree a mechanism for managing and communicating events that have a bearing on the successful delivery of test evidence.
Consequence if ignored or violated
Stakeholders are surprised at the outcomes and progress of testing and blame the testers. Unplanned events stop testing, cause delays, upset plans and undermine the evidence produced.
- How does the test approach accommodate unplanned events?
- How do plans articulate the uncertainties and expectations of test execution?
- How will changes to the test bases, system or environment be managed?
- How will test failures be communicated, tracked and managed?
- How will unplanned events having an adverse effect on testing be recorded, tracked, analysed and reported?