Testers need to identify and agree the items in and out of scope and manage change of scope over time.
Consequence if ignored or violated
Stakeholders assume ‘everything’ will be tested. Tests outcomes of no interest to stakeholders are reported.
- How do stakeholders define the scope of the system and what needs testing?
- What sources of knowledge are available to define and understand scope in detail?
- What are the (likely) drivers for change?
- How will testers accommodate changes of scope?
- How will testers analyse the impact of change of scope?
- Do testers have the authority to resist or challenge change?
- How will defect fixes be assured (through re-testing)?
- How will testers test changes?
- How will testers communicate the status of changes?